Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A post of good intentions

this is.

For the next days I'll try to leek out some Berlinale gossip, maybe even thoughts on the moving pictures.

But not for today.

Today I need to talk about wood and architecture.

My colleague and I moved from our office to the general Berlinale press office. We are residing in the Hyatt hotel now.

In here, everything is made of precious wood and dimmed light.

middle brown parquet zigzagging across the floor

doors and walls made of heavy wood varnished in black

big organically shaped tables in the reception area formed entirely out of convex tree slices

and on top of it all, a cocktail table consisting of a huge put-up branch of some strangely frayed looking tree

Yet, I do not feel out of place here. All of this creates as soozing atmosphere.

Also soozing: Behind my desk, in my back, there is a window. I know that if I turned round and had a look outside, I could see the Philharmony and its Kammermusiksaal by Hans Scharoun. Both of them I like a lot.

A friendly place.

With friendly architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment